. . .

Saturday, March 7, 2015

The British Are Coming! The British Are Coming!

The above mentioned quote is what Paul Revere said to warn his fellow Americans during the British-American war. He actually never made it because the British patrol stopped him on his way to Concord. Luckily, they made it all the way to the Philippines to establish their fashion sense! The fourth store in Manila, the fifth store in the Philippines, and the first store in Asia to imitate the stylish look of the streets in Oxford, London. This is how far Debenhams has come in terms of expanding its branches in the Philippines!

Last Tuesday, March 3, 2015 was the night that Debenhams launched its newest store in Estancia, Capitol Commons in Pasig. Fortunately, I was invited by my tita, Bing Ramilliano, to witness such a grand event. Upon entering the outdoor venue, smiles and warm greetings welcomed me. I had an official photo taken by the entrance, then Tita Bing introduced me to some of the hardworking people who made the affair as successful as it was. The four corners of the location were filled with different activities for everyone to enjoy. Near the entrance, was a bus bar where drinks were being served by the uniformly dressed waiters! Around the middle, lounge chairs were neatly placed so that guests could comfortably sit down and mingle with one another. Truly, it was a night to remember.

Going to this event made me remember something I learned while on my Global Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C. and New York last summer. There was a talk about cross-cultural communication and how important this was in building relationships. Before saying or doing something to another person who comes from a different place, you must be aware of their common ways. For example, the driver's seat in the Philippines is located at the left side of the car while in the UK, it is found at the right. During conversations, an American may shake your hand and give you a big hug while an English man might keep his distance. You might think it's rude or too much. You might even think it's wrong. But these are all because of cultural differences. To be a flexible individual, one must be knowledgeable of the background of the person he or she is speaking to. Debenhams gives us the privilege to get to know the British a little better by allowing us to appreciate their style. Keep reading to see more of what happened during the Debenhams launch!




I really wanted to have my nails done but I still had classes the next day!



Here's a photo of me making my own Banana Nutella crepe! 


Surprisingly, it was tasty! :)



Mixing it up with the DJ!


With the lovely Ms. Bing Viray-Ramilliano <3


The next few photos will be from the fashion show! It really started with a bang as five cars drove past the center with the models riding it in style. Their outfits ranged from so chic to so classy, keeping my eyes glued on each one. If you like these photos, imagine how it felt to see this happen in real life!




This model smiled directly at the camera, right at the moment I snapped the picture. I'm so happy with how this turned out :)


The little kids captured the hearts of many as they strode between the crowd. The confidence of each one left the crowd in awe.



Do I blend in with the models? Haha!

Photos by Sonny Arboleda

| Bershka Dress | Juicy Couture Bag | Primadonna Wedges | Floral Gold H&M Necklace | MAC Russian Red Lipstick |



1 comment:

  1. Really great blog posts Bea! I really like the clothes! Keep up the amazing work! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)