. . .

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sweet at Sixteen

Chandeliers hung from the ceiling with white flowers surrounding them, as if warmly greeting the crowd. Eight uniquely set up tables balanced the room on each side, giving glory to one long table in the middle. The golden chairs were proportionally placed to seat the elegantly-dressed guests who seemed to have popped out of a 1920's movie. A dessert buffet that carried a variety of classically-designed sweets caught the attention of anyone who passed by. A tall cake with beads that were neatly stuck one by one, stood victoriously beside the stage. Take note: the above described are all just about the decorations.

I've always dreamt of a perfect night where I could be free. Where everything could just fall into place. Finally, last Friday, it all became a reality.

I celebrated my sixteenth on the 27th of March 2015. Initially, I was afraid that not a lot of people could attend because Holy Week was approaching. I thought wrong. At around 8pm, all my friends and family slowly filled the venue. I was able to catch up with most of them and even get a few pictures with the camera-shy guests :") When people started to settle down, our host, Sam YG, began the program by introducing me with a grand entrance. I sat on my "throne" and looked around to see everyone making new friends as they enjoyed themselves. Though we all came from different schools, we set the fact aside and took each one as they were. I was so glad that the party was not all about me but also a chance for others to meet. 

The program went on. I changed from a white to black gown. My two good friends, Chiqui and Miguel prepared 5 trivia questions to see how well my friends knew me. I was positively surprised with some of those who answered correctly :) Then the best part of the night happened. The 16 toasts. All of the chosen ones gave the sweetest and most sincere messages. I really felt special because I knew that their words came from their hearts, and expressing these in front of a huge audience meant a lot to me. Although I loved all the toasts prepared, two sets stood out - the ones from Alex and Chiqui, and my dad. My two best friends performed their toast with something I really did not expect at all. They wrote me an original song which highlighted their favorite memories with me. They even added my campaign song when I was in eigth grade so that everyone else could sing along! I was truly awed by what they did for me - I will never forget that! My dad, on the other hand, spontaneously spoke about me. It wasn't the typical speech that fathers give on debuts - it was different. I don't think describing what he said would give justice to his words so all I can really say is thank you, Daddy.

The night went on and as the celebration ended, guests started to leave while flashbacks of the party came to me. After everything, I am honestly and genuinely happy. I want to thank Gideon Hermosa for another spectacularly decorated party. I also want to express my appreciation for Ms. Cass de Vera along with Cherry, Analyn, and Dina, for tirelessly making the dessert buffet look as awesome as it was - even if it meant sacrificing sleep. everyone who made an effort to spend the night with me. To Chiqui and Miguel, thank you for surprising me with a perfect program and for being my rocks when things get tough. And of course, to Mom, thank you for being the main reason of the party's success. You made sure every detail was more than perfect. Nobody could've done the job half as good as you did so thank you <3 Lastly, to Dad, I express my deepest gratitude for giving me a party and for ensuring that I am always more than satisfied. I love you both very much. Lastly, thank you to everyone who spent their time to share this wonderful night with me. 'Til the next one!





I couldn't get my eyes off this intricately-designed dessert buffet by my mom, Angeli Arboleda, and Ms. Cass de Vera <3 Lovely, isn't it?


Special thanks to Teresa Carbonel for my makeup and Regine Matias for my hair! <3


This was the entrance of the party. Come on in!




Though I've posted a bunch of photos with Chiqui, I couldn't neglect this one. She was so gorgeous that night - as always!







My hosts and hostess for the night! <3



You guys must listen to the song that Alex and Chiqui originally composed for me. It was so surreal. Thank you both :*


Here are the winners for the best dressed :) Let's give them a hand for looking so.. Gatsby!



The Usuals :)




Photos by Nooget Lifestyle Photography

First Outfit
| Ever New Gown | Headpiece from Mom's Collection | H&M Body Jewelry | MAC Sin Lipstick |

Second Outfit
| Ever New Gown Headpiece from Mom's Collection | MAC Sin Lipstick |




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)