. . .

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Unbounding Bohol

.... and Silhouette Search goes local! I have been waiting for so long to get out of my humble abode and explore different sites that I have yet to see. Now that school is tucked into bed for a few months, I can escape with summer right by my side ;) I think that after tirelessly working on projects and reading all about Simoun's story in El Filibusterismo, it's time to take a break. Everyone deserves a quick getaway once in a while. Don't you agree?

So just as my title suggests, this post will showcase the way I untangled Bohol's secret adventures. In only two days, I had much more fun than I did at home for 3 months :) Dad always says that when you take a vacation, everything should be better than your usual. If not, you might as well not take it. But boy will I tell you, Bohol definitely fit that description perfectly! Hop on the SS bus and experience the wonders that I did on this trip!



First on the list: the Loay River Cruise. My family and I rode the "pawikan" or turtle-shaped boat as we rowed our way around the calming river. With scrumptious Filipino dishes enticing each guest, it was impossible not to enjoy the ride!


The boat stopped by a tribe of pleasant Boholanos (and iguanas). 


I inherited my fear of lizards (and their relatives) from my mother. But I guess they're my friends now? 



We stayed at Bellevue Resort - a little bit far from the city but the closest place to relaxation :)





As we explored every inch of the province, we came across Habitat, the butterfly garden. We saw a variety of species that found home in parts of Bohol. Our tour guide gave us so many fun facts regarding the friendly insects. One was that Filipinos incorrectly call moths "mariposas". That's Spanish for butterflies. Moths do look like butterflies although they are not. They have different antennae and wing features.




When one thinks of Bohol, doesn't it automatically come to mind that the Chocolate Hills are located in it? Yes! And I was lucky enough to survive 248 steps before I could set my eyes on this natural beauty.


Yes, that's me thinking, "why did I even get on this thing?!?!?!"


.. success!



Can you guess what I'm pointing at?


A tarsier! These nocturnal animals stay active during the day and wide awake at night. Fortunately, my dad was able to snap a photo of it with its eyes open in the morning!




Photos by Althea Toledo, Margaux Arboleda and Sonny Arboleda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)