. . .

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Partying at Park Inn

As summer comes to a close, it's a must to make the last few days count. In an attempt to write an ending worth remembering, my family and I flew to Davao for a quick escapade in one of the alluring provinces in the Philippines. The days we spent there were significantly memorable as we were wrapped in the company of the ones we love. Although when the sun sets, it's time to head back to a comfortable place to stay in for the night. In this post, I'll be writing about my hotel experience at Park Inn by Radisson Davao - a place I called home for a few nights.

Park Inn by Radisson is an international brand known for its modern style and exceptional assistance. This is one of the reasons why I always choose Radisson Blu whenever I travel to Cebu. Composed of 204 rooms, Park Inn by Radisson Davao is not a victim of unkept facilities, over-crowding or slow service. It is also the best choice to conduct both formal and informal meetings. Business travelers often make use of the smart services and smart rooms, including 4 meeting rooms with a capacity to hold up to 30 people. Park Inn by Radisson Davao also offers amenities for the leisure traveler, such as the swimming pool, pool bar and gym area. Right across the hotel, SM Lanang Premier Mall and SMX Convention Centre can be located. 

Upon arriving at the hotel just 15 minutes after landing, I was welcomed warmly and immediately entertained for check-in. Because our plane landed at lunch time, I did not visit my room until after our noontime meal. It was easy to find a place to eat since SM Lanang was right across the hotel.

After finishing my lunch, I walked back to the hotel and hopped into the elevator to the seventh floor where my room was situated. Key in hand, I was eager to step into one of the five Junior Suites at Park Inn. I was so impressed with the suite structure - a bedroom, living room, two comfort rooms, and a workplace. Not a typical hotel room, alright! I personally enjoyed having two of almost everything (television, couches, and as previously mentioned, comfort rooms). That way, I didn't have to struggle with whose turn it was to use anything with the rest of my family! :) For three nights, I was able to unwind in this relaxing Junior Suite. Continue down to see photos of my stay!



A king-sized bed sat in the middle of the bedroom, allowing guests to freely move about the ample space on both sides of the bed. The pillows were stuffed well-enough to be soft but provided support at the same time. To keep me warm, I made use of the white linens which wrapped easily around me. Because of the thick but light-weight sheets, I did not worry about feeling cold in the middle of the night.


At the foot of the bed, a green couch was placed so that you can take lazy naps without messing up your main sleeping bed!



The living room was almost as big as the bedroom - I think it would make a good venue for a small gathering with a few friends!



Between the living room and the bedroom, a sound-proof sliding door was installed. Not only does it reduce noise but it also gives a sneak peek to what's inside the bedroom! :)


Oh and did I mention that there was free WiFi around the whole hotel? :)


The comfort area provided adequate room to take a shower, a bubble bath, blow-dry hair and do makeup. We were also provided with amenities such as shower caps, moisturizing lotion, dental kits, vanity kits and shaving kits. Everything was perfect, although I think it would be better if the lights were a bit brighter!


I love over-head showers just because I can take calmer baths without having to hold on to the shower head! :)





This is the pool area located at the second floor of the hotel. It's four feet in depth and is warmed for a more relaxed swimming experience!


To cap off our stay, we were treated to a Supersize family meal at the Park Inn RBG Bar & Grill. For only Php1999, 6-7 people can enjoy their own choice of appetizer, soup, entreé, vegetables, pasta, sidings, starch, a whole cake, jelly, a drink (in a pitcher), and complimentary family sized pizza and crepe bar. If there's anything I can say with full-honesty it's this: the Supersize family meal is worth so much more than it is. Every time the waiter would pull out another dish, we would stare in awe before having a taste. When I go out to have dinner with my family, we would usually order 2 or 3 regular-sized dishes. But for the same price, we were served with around 7 super-sized dishes of this special meal. This is excluding the drinks, desserts and soup! I was told that since this promo began, no group has ever finished what they ordered. I challenge you to head on to the RBG Bar & Grill and consume every last bite of the Supersize meal! Make sure you visit Park Inn on a weekend since this meal is only available for lunch and dinner on Saturdays and Sundays!


For reservations and inquiries, please call 272 7600 or email fb.supervisor@parkinn.com



The ham and corn tomato soup kicked the meal off with a sour-flavored taste! 


In one bite, I discovered a new favorite with the Pesto grilled chicken in tri-color pasta!



Look at all the food I had! And guess what? This is only about half of it! :)


For dessert, we were expecting something simple to seal the meal. Instead, we were presented with a variety of sweets! I didn't know where to begin! :)


Here's the crepe combo that I came up with! :)


Early birds will love the breakfast buffet offered at Park Inn. The food not only looks delicious but tastes luscious as well! :)



Caught up in eating your favorite dishes with no words to express the tasty sensation? The word you're looking for is probably up on this wall!


While waiting for a friend or a taxi, it's a good idea to chill by the lounge.



For those who want to buff up, here's a glimpse of the hotel's fitness center to help you lose all the calories you gained from the Supersize meal! :)



With Ms. Graziella Izza Cadiente (PR Coordinator) and Ms. Maria Fatima Basa Tan (Marketing and Communications Manager).


Thank you for catering to my needs and making this experience memorable, Park Inn! Looking forward to my next visit at your hotel. :)

For more information and inquiries about Park Inn, check out www.parkinn.com/hotel-davao or call +63 82 272 7600.

Photos by Angeli Arboleda & Sonny Arboleda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)