. . .

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Touring Tokyo

Next stop: Asakusa and Tokyo Disney Sea! :)

There's just so much to do in Japan and since I had a lot of time to explore, I did just that! Even though Japan is known for easily catching up to the modern times, it has not forgotten to maintain its traditional structures. For this reason, my family and I decided to visit Asakusa for the day to experience the ancient side of Japan. 

Shibuya to Asakusa did not take more than 30 minutes by train. But since we were unfamiliar with the place, a lot of time was spent looking for the proper exits to take us to our destination. It was a good thing that the Sensouji Temple, the Pagoda and other famous landmarks were so close by each other though - at least we could take our time and stroll past each tourist spot. :)




This long street found right between the Kaminarimon Gate and the Sensouji Temple showcased different kinds of Japanese finger food. Tourists were encouraged to eat whatever it is they may have purchased right in front of the stall they bought from so that the street was kept clean. That's a pretty smart move to keep clutter from lying around the area, if you ask me!


Though they were obviously very busy, these two kind ladies agreed to stop for a quick photo with us. I love the intricate designs on their kimonos! :)





Look at how carefully planned each floor of the Pagoda was created! Every point of the structure was definitely impressing. :)




The Sensouji Temple is the oldest temple in all of Tokyo. To get here, one must pass through the Kaminarimon gate, which is the symbol of Asakusa and the city of Tokyo.







Since nobody's too young or old to be happy, my family and I went on an adventure to the happiest place on Earth - Disney Sea in Tokyo! :) We were up before 7 o'clock in the morning because we wanted to make the best out of the day we had ahead of us. The 8:30am train ride we took to the Maihama station was unusually interesting. Every train was full - as in FULL - of people trying to get on during the rush hour. Even if we let a few trains pass, the passengers didn't lessen but even increased! Knowing that we needed to be somewhere ASAP, we opted to squeeze ourselves in the crowd. Yup, I now know how it feels like to be an authentic Japanese sushi roll! :D




Here I am plotting out our activities for the day. I made sure to plan which rides we were going on throughout the day so that we don't miss out on anything!


The classic Toystory ride will always be my favorite. Since I was a little girl, I always tried to beat my dad's score on this exciting ride. But to this day, I still have no luck on accomplishing that! :(




Say hi to Hachiko!



Oh and did you guys know I have a little Silhouette Search store on Takeshita Street? .. Kidding! Haha! Oh how I wish I did!

We're a little more than halfway through the trip but don't miss out on the last Japan post! :)

For more photos and updates, follow me on Instagram @beaarboleda <3

Photos by Sonny and Angeli Arboleda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)