. . .

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Under the Northern Lights

As prom season comes to a close, I think it's about time to relive and share the precious memories I've made. If I had a choice, I'd hit the replay button for those exciting episodes of my life a hundred times. In my previous post, I wrote about my childhood expectations of how the night would turn out to be. So for this post, I'll just be concentrating on my actual prom experience. The previous one was in my own school, this one was in the Ateneo High School. :)

Before I continue letting you in on the details of prom, don't you want to know how I was asked? :) Nowadays, phone calls and simple "let's go to prom together" conversations aren't in the loop. This generation, being creative and innovative as it is, has come up with the term "promposals". It's basically asking your date to go to prom with you in a well-thought of manner. It's exactly like a proposal but not for marriage, but for prom! :)

My promposal story goes a bit like this...

It was my parent's anniversary that day and my dad suddenly decides to go to Tagaytay. My mom tricks me into changing into a nautical outfit for our "family photoshoot" since she knew what my date, Miguel, was up to. Of course, I was wondering why she kept talking in hushed tones and why everyone was being so secretive. It turns out, we were not on our way to Tagaytay but to Manila Yacht Club! :) There, my date and his wonderful set up awaited me. See how that went by checking out the next few photos. :)













Finally, prom night came. Miguel and I wanted to make sure that it would be well-documented so before heading off to Ateneo, we took lots of photos. Here are some of our pre-prom pictures :)










After an hour of photo-taking, Miguel and I made our way to the campus where the "Perennial" prom was held. I was too excited to think about anything but "try not to trip and fall on your train, Bea". Surprisingly, no matter how quickly I moved, I did not tumble on the cemented floor! :) So I went on enjoying the company, food, program and the photo booth without worrying. :)





It was so delightful to see friends from different schools all in one place, smiling and laughing the night away. Personally, my favorite part of the night was meeting and getting to know other people who were just as nice as they could be. But of course, spending time with old friends was still as fun. I am truly thankful for the opportunity to do these during prom! :)

Gown designed and created by Angeli Arboleda
Hair and Makeup by Martin Bermudez
Photos by Jasper Salceda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)