. . .

Monday, June 20, 2016

Back at it again with Barre3

We're almost through June 2016 but looking ahead, we still have so many things in store for us. There are papers to write, events to attend, places to visit and people to meet. Students are going back to school while workaholics are about to take their careers up a notch. Though this does seem all too exciting, it can be overwhelming altogether. In the midst of too much work and chaos, we tend to forget to give attention to what we must look after the most - ourselves.

This 2016, forget being the couch potato your parents or partners are always calling you out for. Make a stand (pun intended) and choose to be your most active self everyday. You don't have to go all out in one day. Start by taking tiny steps like walking up and down the stairs, doing some jumping jacks or even go swimming! However, I think the best way to gain the most out of your workout is to have someone guide you through it. Just to make sure you're doing the right thing. Personally, I think barre3 does this best! Here are 3 of the many reasons why I choose to exercise at barre3:



1. The Venue



Alright, your own home can feel like the most comfortable setting to get those muscles moving, but barre3 is just such a serene place to be. The moment I step inside the place, the smell of the aroma of their scented oils, I immediately forget all my worries. Last school semester, I even went to class to calm myself for my statistics exam the next day. My mind was clearer and I felt stronger and more confident to study when I got home.

barre3's studios are just about the right size to give you enough space to move about, but also keep your thoughts within your reach. The room is climatized too, so that you don't feel too sticky after working out. There are also mirrors around which makes it easier for anyone to maintain the correct figure needed for every movement. My favorite part is the bathroom with a shower though. I never have to feel like my schedule is too tight to meet someone after class. I can get ready right inside barre3! <3



By the way, I'd like to thank Blackbough Sweat (@blackboughsweat on Instagram) for this lovely workout outfit! <3 This has to be one of my favorite looks for those sporty days. I always have to wear something cute when I go to barre3 because it gives me even more inspiration to do better. Is it the same for you? Don't forget to shop their Instagram profile before heading to barre3! :)

2. The Equipment


I can't begin to express how much I love the barre3 equipment - but I guess I'll start with how helpful the yoga mats are. Every time we do core or seat work, we use the handy mats to protect our backs, hands and knees from the cork flooring. The actual floor doesn't even hurt too bad but the mat eases out any kind of pain that some people might be sensitive too. I always eagerly wait for the classic child's pose or even the resting position when we can just lay back on the mat to recover from back strains. Thank you for the blessing of these mats, barre3! <3

The pilates ball is just as beneficial. It can fit right between your thighs and behind your knees to work the muscles even more. You can also use it as a gauge for how many sets you've finished when passing it back and forth your hands and legs or even as a back rest for core work. Either way you use it, I'm sure it will be one of your favorite piece of equipment too!



For increased resistance and of course, more challenge, the bands are your best friend. barre3 only provides them once a week on "band days" but I'm pretty sure you can ask for them any day if you're really up for it. Trust me, they hurt a lot but they are so worth it! :)

After months of taking the classes and using barre3's very reliable equipment, I have learned that the best equipment you can have is your body. You can use yourself as weight to carry and for stress-relieving movements that you can bring with you anywhere you go. But of course, you still need to try out all the other special pieces of equipment that barre3 has to offer. There are more than what I have mentioned above - you should try to discover them for yourself! <3



3. The Teachers

Last but not the least, the teachers of barre3. They're more than half the reason I always go back to class. The care and concern they have for every single student goes beyond what words can describe. If I ever do the wrong pose, they help correct my figure without embarrassing me in front of others. If it's too funny, we have gotten close enough to laugh about it together.



During the actual class, they always have the right words to say. Aside from the usual, "you can do it" or "you can still push yourself", they praise you for having or maintaining the right posture or movement that you do. That gives me a whole lot of motivation to do my best so that I could be noticed! Hihi

I hope that after reading this lengthy post, you are now more inspired to be more active with your lifestyle. Let me know if you share the same favorites as I do or if you have others that I have not mentioned :) Don't forget: If you're a first timer barre3 member, you can still use my promo coupon for a 15% discount on the following: 10 or 30 day classes, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual memberships. Just send me an email on silhouette.search@gmail.com to claim your coupon! :) See you at barre3, everyone! <3


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)