. . .

Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Surprises of Valencia


Spain has always been one of my favorite countries outside Asia. I think it's because I feel like it's my comfortable home away from home. Maybe it's because we were colonized by Spain for 300 years before so we share similar language, food and culture - including the unfortunate "Filipino Time." But whatever it is, I enjoy every visit back to the lively Spain. There's always something new to discover, or something we missed out on during our previous stay. That's why even if we've been to Valencia four years ago, my family and I couldn't resist going back.

I remember seeing the City of Arts and Sciences back then, admiring the modernity of the structures. There, you can find three tourist spots, built closely to one another. I find this location very practical for those who come to Valencia for just a few days. They can visit the Oceanografic, Hemisferic and Museum of Science all in one day!

Though we were able to go to the Museum of Science, we were not able to take many photos inside. We got too carried away trying out all the experiments that we forgot to do so! I'd recommend going to this museum if you ever find yourself in Valencia. It's both unique and exciting for visitors of all ages!

In 2014, we did not have the time to go inside the Oceanografic, or any of the three structures for that matter. I'm so happy that this time, I was lucky enough to see the beautiful and rare creatures that make up the world's marine life. Inside the largest aquarium in Europe, Valencia's Oceanografic cares and houses numerous species of animals to give awareness to those who want to learn more about them.


See the huge ball on the right? You can actually go inside and see different kinds of birds, aerial creatures and more!


Here are some of them!



This baby seal looked so fresh swimming in the cool water that I wanted to jump and join in! :)





Only true friends know how genuinely happy I am seeing these flamingos! <3 



These are some of the other breathtaking sites in the City of Arts and Science. Amazing, aren't they?


One of Valencia's hidden gem is definitely Port Saplaya. For just about a 30-minute drive from the city center, you can already hit the beach and choose to have a relaxing day by the shore. Since my family and I forgot to bring our swimwear, we walked deeper into the port's secret spot and found lines and lines of colorful houses and white boats or yachts. Take a look!


For a day full of walking and very few stops for a break, I made the right decision to bring along my favorite pair of Butterfly Twists. They were given to me last year and since then, I have been loving the comfort and style that these flats have provided me with. I didn't need to wear high boots or heels to top my outfit. All I needed was my trusty pair from Butterfly Twists and I was good to go!





The blue of my flats matched perfectly with the vividness of the houses, don't you think? :)




My favorite feature about these flats is that they are bendable and can be folded into a smaller shape as seen in this photo. This makes it way easier to pack into any bag for travels or nights when my feet feel beaten by my heels. The best part is, they are not heavy at all! Carrying it around almost feels like nothing! Check out https://www.butterfly-twists.ph/ to find the perfect pair for you! 


Don't worry, if this denim doesn't catch your eye, they have so many other colors and styles for you to choose from. :)

I hope you guys enjoyed this post, SS readers! I'll be back soon for more xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments, suggestions or questions that you have about my blog posts <3 Thank you for your kind words :)